Why do insurance companies deny disability benefits?

People often ask, “What do I do if I’ve been injured on someone else’s property?”

You should report the incident to the property owner as soon as possible.

Take photographs of the scene of the incident and what you believe caused the incident.

Make notes of what happened and why you believe the owner is at fault for your injuries.

Take photographs your injuries.

Save the shoes and clothing you were wearing at the time of the incident.

You have 2 years from the date of the incident to commence an action against the property owner for your injuries and losses.

However, if you have a claim related to the condition of city roads and sidewalks, you must give written notice to the city within 10 days after the incident. If you don’t, your claim may not be allowed.

It can be difficult figuring out who owns or has control over the property that you were injured on. In order to protect your right to sue, it would be wise to seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.

Howie, Sacks & Henry specializes in personal injury claims, such as slip and falls. We have the expertise necessary to provide excellent representation for you.

For more information, give me a call.

Tell Us What Happened.

Our team of highly-trained lawyers are here to listen and help.


We’re available 24/7 for a free consultation.


Live Chat

From the comfort of your phone, tablet or computer we’re available 24/7.

Online Form

Complete our online form and we’ll get back to you within one business day.

Among the best in Canada

Since 2011 Canadian Lawyer Magazine rated us one of the top personal injury law firms in Canada. Why? With decades of experience helping accident victims and their families, we understand the laws that affect your rights to compensation because we’ve helped shape those laws in favour of accident victims.