The program features a comprehensive examination of the best techniques for conducting a jury trial, diving deeper into the necessary skills and best practices required for success in the courtroom. Lawyers of all levels from the new litigator who has never Preview (opens in a new window)conducted a trial, to the seasoned veteran, will benefit from this incredibly practical and valuable program. You will learn how to handle documents, open and close to a jury, examine and cross‐examine witnesses, and much more. A stellar faculty of trial judges from the Superior Court of Justice and experienced trial advocates will demonstrate these skills, and help you understand the tactical and strategic considerations that go into a trial. From demonstrations to debriefs, this program is a must for litigators of all levels, and trial experience.
Joel will be speaking as Demonstrator on April 29th in the “Examination in Chief of Toxicologist.” Topics covered include:
- Making technical evidence understandable;
- How far can evidence go beyond the scope of the report?
Adam will be speaking as Demonstrator on April 30th in “Cross‐Examination of Defence Engineer,” which includes the following topics:
- Attacking the qualifications of the expert based on independence and bias;
- Treating the other side’s expert as your own – varying the hypothetical question;
- Getting opposing expert to assist your expert’s reputation.
- When: Monday, April 29, 2019 | 8:30 am to 4:30pm
Tuesday April 30, 2019 | 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Where: Toronto Region Board of Trade, 77 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, ON M5X 1C1
For complete information including registration, click here.