We hope that you and your family are doing as well as possible during these difficult times.
We care about you, and we are continuing to move your case forward. Everyone at HSH is continuing to work full time, mostly from home, to make that happen. We are very fortunate at HSH to have not only wonderful and dedicated people who are continuing to work hard during this public health crisis, but also the technology to allow us to do so remotely and efficiently.
We are here to help. We are here to answer your questions, and address your concerns. We want to make sure that you continue to get the treatment that you need, and in some cases our treatment providers can continue to provide help through telehealth, video portals, etc. If you want us to set that up for you, please let us know and we will do everything that we can to make it happen.
The following are some of the questions we have been getting from our clients, along with some general answers. We encourage you to contact us directly so that we can answer any specific questions that relate to your case.
- What does this mean for my case? We are continuing to take all of the necessary steps to move your case towards resolution. Unfortunately, in some cases there could be delays caused by the cancellation of in-person examinations for discovery, mediations, and all court-related appearances. We are using all of the tools at our disposal to minimize those delays, if any.
- Is there anything I need to do during this time? First and foremost, please follow all of the public health recommendations, including social distancing, in order to keep yourself and your loved ones as safe as possible. Please do your best to continue with as much of your rehabilitation as possible. Continue to keep us informed if there is something that we need to know. Keep your spirits up! This will pass, and we should all stay as positive as possible.
- Is doing video conferencing with clients safe and private? Absolutely! Whether you want to communicate by email, telephone or video conferencing, our communication is always confidential. If you want to set up a video conference instead of a call, just ask and we would be pleased to do so.
- What happens to my appointments? Are they all cancelled? Many in-person appointments will likely have to be rearranged. The timing will depend on things like public health recommendations, the re-opening of the courts, etc. Rest assured that we will take steps to get any cancelled appointments rescheduled as soon as we are able. If an appointment or assessment can proceed safely according to the provider or assessor, then of course you can proceed with that meeting if you feel comfortable doing so. However, you should still respect all of the necessary social distancing and other guidelines. On the other hand, if you are not comfortable proceeding, then absolutely feel free to let us know and we can help you to rearrange that meeting. Please make sure to call and confirm any appointment before you attend, just in case it is cancelled at the last minute.
- Will my trial/pre-trial date be changed? In some cases, yes. The court has essentially cancelled all in-person attendances (including motions, pre trials, and trials) until the beginning of June. For those who had court dates coming up in the next two months, they will almost certainly have to be changed. For many of you, this court closure will have no impact on your case.
- Will I still receive my IRB or LTD cheque? Absolutely. There is no reason for an insurance company to stop paying. We are working with insurers to plan for any potential disruption in the flow of benefits (for example, if regular mail gets delayed, etc.). Again, if you have any questions about your benefits, just let us know.
- How and when can I reach you? As mentioned, we are all continuing to work full time, mostly from home. We have full access to our computer systems, electronic documents, email and phones. Call us or email us at your convenience and we will answer!
Most importantly, stay safe and stay healthy. If there is anything that we can do, please let us know. We will all get through this together!
Yours very truly,
The HSH Team