Michael J. Henry
"As a founding partner of HS&H, my vision and our mandate was simple – to be a firm that would help accident victims during their time of crisis, to be an advocate for the little guy against the big insurance company and to affect positive change in the lives of our clients. Since beginning in 2000, HS&H has grown into one of Ontario's most respected and successful personal injury law firms, helping accident victims and those being treated unfairly by insurance companies. Our vision has never been clearer."
Michael was admitted to The Law Society of Upper Canada in 1988. He graduated with an Honours B.A. in 1982 from McMaster University and Cum Laude from the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law in 1986. He is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a Specialist in Civil Litigation, is a member of the Advocates' Society, the Canadian Bar Association, and has been a Trustee of the Toronto Lawyers Association, the Peel Halton Brain Injury Association and the Brain Injury Association of Toronto.
Michael has been a frequent speaker at continuing legal education programs and a contributor to various legal publications. He is the founder of the "Personal Injury Bar Charity Hockey Challenge" which is an annual tournament and has thus far raised over $300,000 for the Canadian Spinal Research Organization's Shoot for A Cure campaign for the prevention and cure or spinal cord injuries.
Michael represents victims in the areas of personal injury litigation; specifically motor vehicle accidents, insurance and disability claims, as well as solicitor's negligence, medical malpractice and wrongful dismissal claims.
Areas of Practice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (tort and accident benefits)
- Slip and Fall
- Long-term and Short-term disibility claims
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Litigation, Law Society of Upper Canada, 2013
- Ontario, 1988
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- LL.B. (Magna Cum Laude) - 1986
- Law Review: Ottawa Law Review, 1984 - 1986
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- B.A. - 1983
- Canadian Defence Lawyers: How to win your AB case, 2010, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Trial Lawyers Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- The Advocates Society
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
Pro Bono Activities
- Toronto Lawyers Association, Trustee
- Peel Halton Brain Injury Association, Trustee
- Brain Injury Association of Toronto, Trustee
- Law Society of Upper Canada Practice Management Mentor