D. Joel Dick
416-572-3516 (Direct Line)
“I chose Howie, Sacks & Henry because of the firms unparalleled reputation for excellence, integrity, and results. I am part of a team of highly skilled lawyers dedicated to achieving the best result possible for our clients.”
D. Joel Dick is an Associate at Howie, Sacks & Henry and was admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada in 2002. He is a graduate of the University of Toronto Law School. Joel also has Masters degrees in International Relations from the University of Toronto and in Peace Studies from the Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary and an Hons. B.A. from the University of Waterloo.
Joel is a member of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association, the Ontario Bar Association, the Advocates Society, and the Ontario Society of Adjudicators and Regulators. From 2007 to 2010 Joel served as an adjudicator on the Toronto Licensing Tribunal. He is also the founding president of a renewable energy charity, Next Generation Energy Alternatives.
Joel’s practice is devoted to personal injury litigation, accident benefit claims, and disability cases.
- Ontario, 2002
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Law, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- M.A. in International Relations - 2001
- Associated Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Indiana
- M.A. in Peace Studies - 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates Society
- The Ontario Society of Adjudicators and Regulators
- Law Union of Ontario
Pro Bono Activities
- Mock Trial Judge (Summer 2011), Seneca College Advocacy Course – Toronto, ON
- Community Volunteer (2004 - Present), Lawyers Feed the Hungry Program – Toronto, ON
- Volunteer Director and President (2006 - Present), Next Generation Energy Alternatives – Toronto, ON
- Pro Bono Lawyer (2006 - 2008), Child Advocacy Project – York Region, ON